Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K October

C4K

The first student that I commented on in Octobers C4K was Michael in Mrs. Ripp's class. His blog post was titled "Silence". In his post he talked about a book that the class is reading about a young girl named Melany. In the story Melany is a girl that will never be able to speak and is in a wheelchair for the rest of her life. Mrs. Ripp partnered the students together and made them try to solve a problem without speaking to one another. This showed the students of her class what Melany from the story has to go through every day of her life. The comment that I left on Michael’s blog is below.

Hey Michael, my name is Duane Nelson and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have really enjoyed reading your well written blog post. The problem that you and your partner were faced with is a great example of what Melany has to go through in her everyday life. Sounds like you are reading a very interesting book in class with a great meaning behind it. Keep up the good work!

service dog

The second student that I commented on in October was Sadie Pickle. Sadie opens her blog with a suggestion giving a link to learn more about Service Dogs. She was presented with two questions that she had to answer and below I have posted the questions with her answer.

◦ How do you think Melody will react to having a new sibling in the house?

◦What themes or big ideas do you think that Sharon Draper is trying to get us to think about as we read these chapters?

Sadie Pickles reply to these questions are "I think she will love Penny, but be a little jelsous. I think that she trying to show kids about seeing dogs." Below is the comment that I left Sadie Pickle.

Hello Sadie Pickle, my name is Duane Nelson and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have really enjoyed reading your post on service dogs. It’s amazing how an animal can provide such a great amount of service to help a person with their special needs or any other problems they may have. Good job and keep up the great work!

School Schedule

The third student that I commented on in October was Addison. Her post was a description of her school schedule from Monday through Thursday. Monday she explains how her class schedule was switched from media to math. Tuesday the class switched from math to reading and included music. Wednesday she joined a group called OOMM. Thursday the class had a states test with an early dismissal. Below is the comment that I left Addison.

Hey Addison, my name is Duane Nelson and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have enjoyed reading your post on the activities of your previous school week. I hope you made a good grade on your first states test. I actually remember taking my states test when I was in grade school. Keep up the hard work and make good grades in school. Good job and I look forward to reading more post from you in the future. I have left you a link to my blog below that I use for my class.

no stealing

The fourth student that I commented on in the C4K October was Cezer. He wrote a story about a guy named Michael trying to rob Trevor's garden. Cezer described Michael as a poor guy that did not have anything to his name. The only thing that stood in Michael's way of robbing the garden was Trevor's dog Chop. The story says that Trevor was robbed but never directly said Michael did it. Cezer just made reference that Michael walked home happily with a bag full of fruit. The comment I left Cezer is below.

Hello Cezer, my name is Duane Nelson and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have enjoyed reading your story about Trevor and Michael. I hope Michael did not steal from Trevor's garden because it is a terrible thing to steal from another person. Good job on your story and keep up the hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment