Monday, February 14, 2011

Teaching in the 21st Century, Blog Post #4

I agree with what the creator of the video was trying to get across, that there is a difference in knowing how to do something vs how to do it correctly. The creator also states the difference between entertainment and engagement, something that I believe is lost in today's society. The term "to teach" in the 21st century involves educating children on how to find the correct answers themselves so that, as they advance, they can continue to be self-reliant and find the answers they need using the proper resources.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on this post. It is the 21st century and though I hope to be teaching elementary school students I think that introducing technology to them as soon as possible is the best thing we as future educators can do. Great post.

    ReplyDelete