Monday, March 14, 2011

Blog Post #9

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr.McClung

In McClung's post I learned a lot from his advice and it got me thinking on how I would handle the different situations that he made points on. McClung makes many great points in his post such as read the crowd,be flexible,communicate and listening to the students,be reasonable,do not be afraid of technology,and never stop learning.When he says "read the crowd" and "communicate and listen to the students" I took this information as you need to figure how your students are responding to your teaching and let them express and show how they reacting to the lessons. Flexibility and being reasonable is very important in teaching and this means to me is to be open to many different variety of teaching skills. There is many great forms of technology that can be used in everyday teaching skills. So do not be scared to try different possibility of technology in the classroom. In this post the greatest advice that I received from McClung is to never stop learning. I took this as teachers are learners from their students and this is what makes a great teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Duane,

    I am happy to hear that Mr. McClung made you think about what you would do in your classroom. He makes excellent points that should definitely be implemented into the classroom, and these things will make us a better teacher. I do think it is important to listen to our students and adapt our teaching style to them. We are all learners, and we always will be, so yes, I agree we should learn from our students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duane,

    The point in Mr. McClung's post that struck me most was the idea of being reasonable. I remember you telling me you were a coach. Did you have trouble when you first started coaching being able to realize that your players couldn't do what you were able to do when you played? I did. I had a tough time understanding why they couldn't do things that I felt were simple, and it frustrated me. It took me a little while to realize I was being unreasonable. I feel that this lesson will help me tremendously when I become a teacher.

    Michael Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we as future educators can learn many things from Mr. McClung. It also got me thinking ahead into the future about decisions I will have to make as a future educator. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete